Toronto Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Toronto Urban Adventure offers Toronto walking tours designed to delight both locals and visitors alike! Get under the skin of the city and into the nooks and crannies other Toronto tours don't go! Toronto is best experienced in a small group with a local guide eager to share what they love most about their city. Located on the shore of Lake Ontario, Canada's largest and most multicultural city has something for everyone! Indulge in this great city and see it from a local’s perspective on a unique Urban Adventures Toronto walking tour.
Toronto is a city bursting at the seams with culture; foodies can indulge in cuisine from all over the globe. Museum lovers can lose themselves in gallery upon gallery of art, exhibits, and artifacts. Outdoor enthusiasts will discover Toronto is a "city in a park" with swaths of green space dotting the downtown, cutting through the city in deep valleys, and throughout the metropolitan area. Even if you only have 24 hours in Toronto, the city will be sure to impress you.
The city's seasonal and cultural celebrations are as varied and as spirited as its people, whether it's the Toronto International Film Festival, Pride Week, Caribana, or the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. Toronto is also a hotbed for live music, comedy, theatre, dance, and other performing arts and has seen many of its artists reach the highest levels of achievement both nationally and on stages around the world. Whatever you're interested in, there are plenty of things to do in Toronto.
If you are planning to take a tour of Toronto, take a look at our wide-range of unique options specially created by our local team.
from 27 reviews
From CAD 30.00
Skip the generic, tourist-trap sights and join this Toronto tour to see two of the city's coolest communities. Hit Chinatown to see where China and Canada collide, then visit the Kensington Market area for graffiti, vintage shops, coffee houses, comic book stores, and everything else decidedly hip.more...
Beer Makes History Better
from 30 reviews
From CAD 43.00
Through fire, war, depression, cholera, rebellion, and repression, beer has been there soothing the woes of Toronto's people. Join them in historic pubs and hear tales of years gone by over a craft beer on this Toronto tour that proves that beer does indeed make history better (like that was ever in doubt)!more...
When Pigs Fry
from 5 reviews
From CAD 59.00
From the people that brought you 'Beer Makes History Better" comes a Toronto tour of porcine proportions. Sample bacon, pork, and sausage, find out about ethical pig farming at a local butcher, and learn about the role of the pig in pop culture, or is that pork culture?more...
North by Northeast Music Festival
Place: city wide - [ 16/06/2015 - 20/06/2015 ]
625 bands in 5 days spanning every genre in 50 venues across Toronto, the The North by Northeast Music & Film Festival and Conference (NXNE) is Canada's #1 showcase for music and music related films.Luminato Toronto Festival of Arts and Creativity
Place: Downtown - [ 11/06/2015 - 20/06/2015 ]
For ten days each year the streets, museums, galleries, and theatre venues are transformed into creative contemporary art exhibits and places of artistic expression. Both local and international artists turn Toronto's downtown into an urban art extravaganza.Canada Day
Place: City Hall - [ 01/07/2015 ]
Live music, street events, red and white face paint and an evening fireworks display make Canada's "birthday" celebration a spectacle enjoyed by everyone. You don't have to be Canadian to get swept up in the excitement and exuberance and join in on the fun.more events...
How Toronto Got Its Name
more... more stories...
18 Nov 2014 Using a 3rd party to book made it a little confusing.
18 Nov 2014 Mike was absolutely wonderful! Can't wait to come back and do it again!
18 Nov 2014 Great experience with Mike. Would definitely go again!
18 Nov 2014 An absolutely great time! I highly recommend it! Mike was informative
15 Nov 2014 I expected more of an actual beer tour, e.g. visiting actual microbreweries or ones that existed from before.
13 Nov 2014 As a guide Jason was more than we expected and you couldn't fault his enthusiasm or knowledge. This tour is fantastic and I would recommend to all!
22 Oct 2014 Jason was awesome, he did an exceptional job. Lots of fun.
15 Oct 2014 Jason was an excellent host
04 Oct 2014 I was actually pretty ambivalent about beer before I took the tour.... now I have a new appreciation for it!
28 Sep 2014 I sprang my ankle and Mike was so nice to help look for a pharmacy. Thanks again.
The Toronto Urban Adventures team is made up of local tour guides who live in Toronto. When you travel with us, you are getting a local's perspective and the benefit of a resident's knowledge. We're also a lot of fun to hang out with.
Here are our good-humored guides..
Toronto Urban Adventures!
Feels like: 2°C
Passing clouds. Quite cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.